- Smallest continent of the world - sixth largest country in terms of land area. A country of 23million people
- Divided into 6 states and 2 territories
- Capital city- Canberra. Other major cities- Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Darwin
- Climate - The summer months in Australia are from December to February and the Autum months are during March till May. Winter is from June to August with Spring in Australia from September till November.
- Language - English. There are other 200 languages spoken
- Low unemployment
- Immigration is an important feature of Australian society. Since 1945, over six million people from 200 countries have come to Australia as new settlers.
- The Australian economy is dominated by its service sector, representing 68% of Australian GDP.
Quick Facts about Australia
- A diverse and welcoming country- of Australian 23million nearly 47% are born outside the country or have one parent born overseas.
- Economically stable - Australia has experience more than 20 years of continued economic growth
- World class infrastructure - five of the 40 cities has the best infrastructure in the world
- Australia has been ranked as fourth happiest country in the world behind only Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
- Third most popular international student destination in the world
- 22,000 Courses 1100 Institutions
- 7 out of top 100 universities are Australian
- 5 out of the best 30 best student cities are in Australia
- 8th in the world in terms of University ranking, ahead of the UK, Germany, Japan and Netherlands
- Over $200 million annual Government investment on International scholarship
- Around 2.5 million alumni of Australian institutions are making differences around the world
- 15 Nobel Prize laureates
- Australian discoveries and innovations - including penicillin, IVF, ultrasound, Wi-Fi, the Bionic Ear, cervical cancer vaccine and Black Box Flight Recorders
Why study in Australia?
Only Eligible Education Providers and Education Business Partners can recruit students under SVP. The list includes 40 National universities and associated Non-University Higher Education Providers.
Mining, industrial and transportation equipment, food processing, chemicals and steel form major industries in Australia.
Australian Education System ->
IELTS & ELICOS Requirements
Bachelors:A minimum 5.0 bands with ELICOS
Masters:A minimum 5.0 bands with ELICOS
Certain universities have certain specific IELTS
requirements for certain specific courses.
Generally 0.5 bands less than the standard
requirement will invite a minimum 10 weeks of
ELICOS. However, the final decision on the
duration of ELICOS depends on the university.
Study in Australia under SVP- Streamlined Visa Processing
Under the streamlined student visa processing arrangements, eligible student visa applicants from participating universities and eligible non-university higher education providers> are assessed as though they are a lower immigration risk, irrespective of their country of origin. If you are eligible for streamlined student visa processing you will generally have reduced evidentiary requirements when applying for a student visa.
TEQSA is the national regulatory and quality agency for higher education. Students'rights are protected by law under ESOS act.
There are 43 universities in Australia- 40 Australian University, 2 international universities and 1 private specialty university.
General Admission Requirements:
- A minimum 50% marks in the last passed examination.
- IELTS 6.0 Bands for Bachelor' and 6.5 Bands for Masters Degree
- Certain universities and courses may have certain specific IELTS requirements
Streamline Visa Processing - Financial & Other requirements:
- Enrolled in a Bachelors, Masters or Research program in a university or institution participating in SVP program
- Fulfil Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement including personal and potential circumstances, value of the course, immigration history and /or other matters related to applicants' intension to remain in Australia
- Finances enough to support yourself and your family during your stay in Australia.
- Have an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE)
- Fulfil health and character requirements
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)- Average A$1500- 2000
Travel, Tuition & Living Expense
|Expense||Per Person||Amount in AUD$|
|Travel||Yourself||Return air fare|
|Family Members||One way air fare/person|
|Children Aged 5-18||8000/pa|
|Tuition||Each Other child||2790/pa|
Students can work 40 Hrs a fortnight and adult dependents can work full time provided that if the student is enrolled in Masters by coursework.
Post study opportunities
Student successfully completing at least two academic years in Australia towards gaining a qualification /award is eligible for Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485). This visa has two streams:
- Graduate work (18 months) for diploma, degree or trade qualification meeting Australia study requirements and nominating a qualification on OSL
- Post-study work (up to 4 years, depending on the qualification) for some completing an Australian higher education qualification (Bachelors or masters) irrespective of the field of study
For more on the work and PR visa options, please visit www.immi.gov.au
Estimated Visa Application Cost - Subject to Change*
Main Application (HE) = INR 31600
Adult Dependent = INR 23900
Minor Dependent = INR 8000
Key Future Employment Areas: (Projected)
- Health Care and Social Assistance
- Education & Training
- Retail Trade
- Scientific and technical services
- Hospitality (Accommodation & food services)
- Public administration and safety
- Administrative and support services
- Transport, postal and warehousing
Major Intakes February / July November
Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) - Defined!
The genuine temporary entrant requirement (GTE) is an integrity measure to ensure that the Student visa Programme is used as intended and not used by international students as a way of maintaining in fact permanent residency in Australia.
And, following factors might be of great significance;
- The applicant's circumstances
- Immigrant history
- Other circumstances
Study in Australia- Process Flow
Step 1- Register for the services and short list courses and education providers
Step 2- Apply for admission
Step 3- Receive Offer of Admission (1 to 4 Weeks)
Step 4- Financial Documents Evaluation
Step 5- Telephonic Interview by the University (Optional)
Step 6- Final Acceptance of Admission
Step 7- Tuition Fee Payment
Step 8- Issuance of eCoE
Step 9- Applying for Stuent Visa
Step 10- Visa Decision within 4-6 Weeks
Why CAREERLINE for Australia
- More than 15 years of counselling and recruiting students to top institutions across the globe
- Unbiased College and course selection from more than 40+ Australian Universities
- Education Loan
- Expert Visa Counselling
- In-house IELTS / TOEFL, GRE and SAT Coaching
- Support in USA: Airport pickup, accommodation etc.
- Hundreds of success stories!