Smallest continent of the world
Sixth largest country in terms of land area. A country with a population of 23 million
6 states and 2 territories
Other major cities
Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Darwin
There are 200 other languages spoken
Summer in Australia is from December to February and Autumn is from March to May. Winter is from June to August and Spring is from September till November.
Low unemployment and high wage rates
Nationals from over 140 countries reside in Australia, predominantly European descent- truly multicultural
Immigration is an important feature of Australian society. Since 1945, over six million people from 200 countries have come to Australia as new settlers.
Major Sector in Economy
The Australian economy is dominated by its service sector, representing 68% of Australian GDP.
Major Australia Universities
TEQSA is the national regulatory and quality agency for higher education. Students’ rights are protected by law under ESOS act.
There are 43 universities in Australia
40 Australian Universities
02 International universities
01 Private specialty university
Why study in Australia?
- A diverse and welcoming country- Out of 23 million Australians, nearly 47% are born outside the country or have one parent born overseas.
- Economically stable- Australia has experienced more than 20 years of continued economic growth
- Australia has been ranked as fourth happiest country in the world, behind only Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
- Third most popular international student destination in the world
- 8 out of top 100 universities are Australian
- Out of the 30 best student cities, 5 cities are in Australia
- 8th in the world in terms of University ranking, ahead of the UK, Germany, Japan and Netherlands
- Over $200 million annual Government investment on International scholarships
- Australian discoveries and innovations includes – penicillin, IVF, ultrasound, Wi-Fi, the Bionic Ear, cervical cancer vaccine and Black Box Flight Recorders
Only Eligible Education Providers and Education Business Partners can recruit students under SSVF. The list includes 42 National universities and associated Non-University Higher Education Providers
Mining, Industrial and Transportation Equipment, Food Processing, Health care & Medical, Chemicals, Design & Architecture, Energy & Oil, Logistics, Building Trades, Media & Advertisements, Information & Communication Technology, Tourism and Steel form major industries in Australia
Minimum 60% marks in the last passed examination
IELTS- Bands 6.0 for Bachelor’s and Bands 6.5 Bands for Master’s Degree
Certain universities and courses may have certain specific IELTS requirement
ELICOS is available for the candidates who have scored less in IELTS
Post study opportunities
Student successfully completing at least two academic years in Australia towards, gaining a qualification /award is eligible for Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485). This visa has two streams:
- Graduate work (18 months) for diploma, degree or trade qualification meeting Australia study requirements and nominating a qualification on OSL
- Post-study work (up to 4 years- in certain regional areas) for those completing an Australian higher education qualification (Bachelors or masters) irrespective of the field of study
Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) – Defined
The genuine temporary entrant requirement (GTE) is an integrity measure to ensure that the Student visa Programme is used as intended and not used by international students as a way of acquiring permanent residency in Australia.
Following factors considered by Universities & Govt. to assess GTE significance;
- The applicant’s circumstances in India-academic & employment
- The applicant’s potential circumstances in Australia-
course of study & university
- Language ability
- Immigrant history
- Financial capacity
- More than 21 years of counselling and recruitment of students to top institutions across the globe
- Unbiased university and course selection from more than 40+ Australian Universities
- Education Loan assistance
- Expert Visa Counselling & Interview preparation
- In-house IELTS / TOEFL, GRE and SAT Coaching
- Support in Australia: Airport pickup, accommodation etc.
- Hundreds of success stories!
- Regular counselling visits of top-ranked colleges and Universities