This summer, allow Careerline to give the apple-of-your-eye a wonderful experience and a fantastic memory!
Enrol your child for the Careerline Summer Camp at a country of your choice…
What is a Summer Camp?
Studying abroad is becoming a norm rather than an exception but many-a-times parents are worried as to whether their child will adjust to the new culture, education system or even the weather or cuisine. Wouldn’t it be nice if your child could be provided a taster of what a study experience abroad would entail?
Understanding this need Careerline Education Foundation is proud to bring the concept of summer camps closer to home –
- Summer Camps are basically 2-4 week learning-cum-fun sessions for our Indian children aged 13-17 at premier academic institutions at USA, UK, New Zealand, Canada and Australia
- These Camps comprise of a mix of academics, creative activities, technical programs, sports and leisure
- Objective – To offer students a sample of what campus life would taste like along with multi-cultural exposure and an opportunity to identify their aptitudes
- A platform for participant to gauge if he/she is comfortable at a foreign institution and whether he/she would like to pursue his/her degree abroad
What are the Benefits of Summer Camps?
- Sharpens various skills – leadership, analytical, team-working, thinking outside the box, co-operation and participation, etc
- Provides in-toto knowledge of all streams i.e. creative arts, humanities, sciences and management
- Enables student to identify his/her aptitude
- Provides practical exposure to children – they graduate from being mere observers to becoming doers!
- Strengthens risk-taking and resilience capacity of children
- Encourages children to accept new challenges and makes them independent
- Allows young adults to sample a study abroad experience at economical cost
- Broadens the horizons of the participant
- Provides multi-cultural exposure to children at the correct age and makes them life-ready
- Enables them to make friends across various countries
- Helps them view and learn about tourist attractions which make up the rich cultural diversity of a country
- Provides a variety of options ranging from English Language, Sports, Performing Arts, Science, Design Studies etc.
- Strengthens their resume
- Helps develop transferable skills including linguistic capabilities
- Gives them an edge over their peers
- Low student to instructor ratios leading to individualized attention for your child
- Hot, nutritious and tasty meals (daily three meals) with options for vegetarian and vegans. Word of caution – please do not expect home food
- Qualified, knowledgeable and engaging instructors
- Availability of boarding facility (shared accommodation) with 24-hour dorm supervision by trained staff
- Access to 24X7 health care by medical professionals
- Health insurance while staying on campus
- Free WIFI access
- Evening and weekend excursions to Tourist Hot Spots
What’s the Difference between Summer Camps and Educational Tours?
- While educational tours comprise of field visits to space centres and institutions; summer camps provide children with the opportunity to actually explore subjects independently
- Educational tours impart theoretical knowledge to students; while summer camps enable them to develop a practical understanding
- Summer camps include students across a variety of countries…while educational tours comprise only of Indian students
- In educational tours students are mere observers while in summer camps students are the actual doers!
Range of Programs Available at Summer Camps…
Explore exciting assortments of programs at premier foreign institutions –
- Science and Engineering – Earth Science, Space, Energy, Structural Design…
- Robotics – Design, Build, Program and Test Robots; Explore Coding Using the Lego Mind Storms EV3
- Film Production
- Web Design
- Language – Building Skills Like : Essay Writing, Vocabulary and Debating
- Creative Writing
- Leadership and Working in a Team
And many more…
A Sample Time Table of a Summer Camp
Starting in June or July, one week at summer school might look a bit like this:
|9 am – 12 noon||English||English||English||Creative Arts||Creative Arts||Sports (Tennis, Soccer, Cardio, Badminton etc.)||Excursion One-Day Picnic|
|1.00 pm to 3.30 pm||Humanities and/or Science||Humanities and/or Science||Excursions to Local Tourist Spots||Humanities and/or Science||Humanities and/or Science||Sports (Tennis, Soccer, Cardio, Badminton etc.)||–|
|4.00 pm to 6.00 pm||Jogging||Table Tennis||Yoga||Street Dance, Football||Academic Enrichment||Sports (Tennis, Soccer, Cardio, Badminton etc.)||–|
|8.00 pm to 9.00 pm||Chess/Board Games||Quiz Night||Music Night (Karaoke and Instruments)||Late Night Shopping||Barbeque||Open Air Cinema||–|
Process Cycle – Summer Camp
Here’s a quick look at the steps involved in enrolling for the Careerline Summer Camp for parents aspiring to give their wards the best exposure…
- Meet the Careerline Education Foundation for a detailed brief
- Register for the Careerline Summer Camp
- Receive the Invitation Letter from the Summer Camp Host Institution
- File Visa Application
- Depart for Summer Camp
Now isn’t that simple and easy???
Target Age Group, Country Options and Cost
Careerline Summer Camps are –
- Primarily for children aged 13-17 years
- Hosted at premier institutions in – Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom and United States of America
- Organized for four weeks in June and July every year
- Priced between INR 2, 50,000/- to INR 5, 00,000/- depending upon the preferred country. This cost includes – lodging, boarding, fees and to-and-fro air fare. Does not include spending money and visa and allied charges
- Open for registrations on a first come-first served basis between November (of the prior year) to April (of the current year)
Why to Choose Careerline Summer Camps?
- Has a rich experience in the education sector
- Enjoys an excellent rapport with foreign institutions motivating them to take an extra step to satisfy students
- Has a good hold on the students’ pulse
- Imbibes a compassionate rather than commercial approach